A measure of two gallons; a dry measure
Related Legal Terms & Definitions
- KILDERKIN A measure of capacity equal to eighteen gallons. See Measure.
- HOGSHEAD A measure of a capacity containing the fourth part of a tun, or sixty-three gallons.…
- ANKER A measure containing ten gallons.
- ANCHOR A measure containing ten gallons.
- MEASURE That by which extent or dimension is ascertained, either length, breadth, thickness, capacity, or amount.…
- FIRLOT A Scotch measure of capacity, containing two gallons aud a pint. Spelman.
- AWM In old English statutes. A measure of wine, or vessel containing forty gallons.
- RUNDLET, OR RUNLET A measure of wine, oil, etc., containing eighteen gallons and a half. Cowell.