Latin, meaning Fraud is odious and is not to be presumed.
Related Legal Terms & Definitions
- ODIO ET ATIA A writ anciently called "oreve de oono et malo," addressed to the sheriff to inquire…
- FRAUS Lat. Fraud. More commonly called, in the civil law, "dolus," and "dolus malus," (q. v.)…
- FRAUS EST CELARE FRAUDEM Latin, meaning It is a fraud to conceal a fraud.
- FRAUS ET JUS NUNQUAM COHABITANT Latin, meaning Fraud and justice never dwell together.
- PIA FRAUS Latin: A pious fraud; a subterfuge or evasion considered morally justifiable on account of the…
- SEMPER PRO MATRIOMONIO PRAESUMITUR Latin, meaning It is always presumed in favor of marriage.
- OMNIA PRAESUMUNTUR CONTRA SPOLIATOREM Latin, meaning All things are presumed against a wrongdoer.
- DEBITOR NON PRAESUMITUR DONARE Latin, meaning A debtor is not presumed to make a gift.