Latin, meaning Before one who is not a judge.
Related Legal Terms & Definitions
- CORAM Lat. Before; in presence of. Applied to persons only. Townsh. PI. 22. Coram domino rose.…
- SUB JUDICE Latin meaning under judicial consideration.
- CORAM DOMINO REGE Latin, meaning In the presence of our Lord, the King.
- NEMO SE ACCUSARE DEBET NISI CORAM DEO Latin, meaning No one should accuse himself except in the presence of God.
- NEMO TENETUR ACCUSARE SE IPSUM NISI CORAM DEO Latin, meaning No one is bound to accuse himself except in the presence of God.
- JUDEX EST LEX LOQUENS Latin, meaning A judge is the law speaking.
- REX NON DEBET JUDICARE SED SECUNDUM LEGEM Latin, meaning The King ought not to judge but according to the law.
- JUDEX NON POTEST ESSE TESTIS IN PROPIRA CAUSA Latin, meaning A judge cannot be witness in his own cause.